BCCSA, Prevention Specialist
Department: Community Impact, UWBCCSA
Reports To: Director, UWBCCSA
Status: Exempt, Full Time
General Description: This position will work to empower communities to promote behavioral health; build/coordinate community structures and systems to support those lifestyles/choices.
This is a grant funded position.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide or arrange trainings, technical assistance, and workforce development for providers, community coalitions and Broward County residents on Substance Abuse and Mental Health related topics.
- Conduct behavioral health needs/resource assessments and provide trainings on substance abuse trends and the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) process.
- Work with the Commission on Substance Abuse Community Action Plan implementing Substance Abuse Prevention/Mental Health promotion evidence-based programs or other promising practices.
- Establish both formal and informal alliances with organizations which have similar or allied goals, such as the School Board, local law enforcement, health care providers, community centers, and service providers.
Other Job Duties:
- Manage and implement UWBCCSA grants and community initiatives such as Broward Youth Coalition, SBIRT and others.
- Administer all pre- and post program evaluation tools.
- Meet with and enlist key local stakeholders, coalitions, and service providers to promote the goals of the United Way Commission on Substance Abuse.
- Participate in the development of the Commission strategic plans selecting goals, objectives, and targets.
- Organize, coordinate or assist in the activities, such as: Town Hall meetings, Broward Youth Coalition’s Leadership Institute, Commission task forces and other events to support prevention awareness consistent with the 2015-2018 Community Action Plan.
- Responsible for completing all mandatory paperwork which complies with contract requirements for timelines and behavioral guidelines.
- Responsible for prompt compliance with all Commission on Substance Abuse and/or United Way of Broward regulations and requirements.
- Maintain productivity requirement and expected billable units per week.
- Assist in developing grant applications to support Commission activities or to assure sustainability of effort.
- Responsible and accountable for attendance at Commission Meetings supervision meetings, and audit preparation meetings.
- Serve as a customer service role model to insure a positive relationship in interactions with all clients, the community, and peers.
- Perform duties as needed and/or requested to support and maintain accreditation standards and continuous quality improvement of the Commission on Substance Abuse and United Way of Broward.
- Must be able to work evenings/weekends and maintain reliable transportation.
- Must be able to be at work on a consistent basis with regular attendance and punctuality and be willing and able to handle all the duties and responsibilities of this position on a daily basis.
- Responds appropriately and effectively to the diversity of co-workers, consumers and stakeholders.
- akes responsibility for other assignments as they arise in the development of UWBCCSA activities.
- Coordinates planning and requests from other Divisions that relate to UWBCCSA.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: Volunteers and/or Consultants if applicable
Education & Experience:
Combination of education and experience represented by:
- Bachelor Degree and at least 2 years experience working in the Mental Health and Substance Abuse related field.
- Experience in community organization, program development and/or management, required.
- Certified Prevention Professional, preferred. Experience working with youth and/or social media, preferred
- Administrative & supervisory experience working with volunteers.
- High Proficiency required in Excel and other related computer programs.
Qualified applicants please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org