Giving Tuesday, December 1, 2020, is about small acts of generosity changing the world. And this year, Giving Tuesday kicks off an entire month of giving, with a special United Way of Broward County fundraising campaign called “Uniting Hearts This Holiday Season.”
Here are five great reasons to donate to United Way of Broward County on Giving Tuesday or any day before December 31st.
- People in our community still need help – because of the global pandemic, as well as because of everyday struggles. Fifty percent of households in Broward County were the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained and Employed) population or were living below the federal poverty level – working hard and falling short — before COVID-19. The pandemic caused countless individuals to lose their jobs and wages, and remain unable to work. The need for assistance with food, rent/mortgage, utilities and other everyday expenses is great.
- When you give to United Way of Broward County, your dollars go to work right here in Broward County. Your United Way supports and operates more than 100 programs and services that house the homeless and feed the hungry, teach children how to read and teens how to avoid risky behaviors, advocate on important issues and serve the veterans who served our country. United Way of Broward County fights every day for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community.
- 2021 is on the horizon, full of questions and unknowns. It is up to us how we answer. Starting today we can respond with hope, with possibility, with action. We can speak up, raise our hands, give back. Starting today we can rebuild our communities so they are better, more equitable, more resilient. And we can reimagine a tomorrow that is better than yesterday.
- You can enjoy possible tax benefits. In March, Congress enacted The CARES Act, creating a new charitable deduction available to the 120 million individual taxpayers who do not itemize their deduction – including many of our own United Way donors. This new benefit, also referred to as a universal deduction, allows for a charitable deduction of up to $300 per individual.
- You can be counted among the donors participating in our “Uniting Hearts This Holiday Season” campaign. From December 1st through 31st, this campaign seeks to bring together those who care for people in need in our community. It’s a powerful message to send during a time when so many feel alone and forgotten. As we count down our final days until 2021, let’s UNITE as a community and bring comfort and peace to those impacted by COVID-19.
Will You Join Us?
Click here to donate. Thank you!