YOU ARE TRANSFORMING BROWARD COUNTY!
National Volunteer Month in April is a time to celebrate the impact volunteers have on our community, and it is a way to encourages active volunteerism in future generations.
Volunteers generously donate a part of their lives to do work that contributes to our economy, builds a safer and stronger community, and promotes civic engagement.
This month, United Way of Broward County is saluting our volunteers for their immense commitment and their unparalleled service to thousands of people in our community — they are shining examples of action, advocacy and inspiration.
United Way of Broward County is operating at maximum power and expanding our reach because of the critical help of our exceptional volunteers.
Our volunteers are:
- helping our community with disaster relief, such as hurricanes and the most recent flooding that affected Broward County
- improving the literacy of elementary-school children
- collecting and distributing school supplies to students and teachers
- serving on boards and committees that shape public policies
- distributing food to individuals and families who are experiencing food insecurity
- delivering care packages to people who are experiencing homelessness
- providing isolated seniors with social activities
- reviewing applications and allocation of grants
- advancing community solutions as members of our Affinity Groups — NextGen, Women United and Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- and hundreds of other community-building actions on a daily basis
We recognize and thank our hundreds of volunteers who lend their time, talent and voice to make a difference in their communities. Take a look at this video as we express our deep appreciation for the range of contributions that our United Way’s volunteers do.
The diverse group of volunteers with our United Way make an indispensable impact to the people of Broward County.
Spread the word about what we can achieve together — and join us in fulfilling our mission to help everyone in Broward County live their best possible lives.
Click here to find a volunteer opportunity with United Way of Broward County that works best for you!