Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director of Education
Status: Exempt, Full Time - Grant Funded
General Description: This position is responsible for leading the Gulfstream Community Consortium in the development and expansion of programs for students and families at Gulfstream Academy and Gulfstream K-8 including but not limited to: Adult Education Programs (ESOL, GED, Adult Basic Literacy), Expanded Family Strengthening opportunities for students and families, Strengthened Extended Day/Aftercare services with wellness components, Expanding partnerships with Broward College to include additional adult course options and mentoring/internship opportunities for the students at Gulfstream K-8 and Working with United Way to bring additional substance abuse prevention and mental health support to the schools.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Guides high-quality program development, implementation, and management.
- Partner with school leadership to manage and oversee implementation of a network of services within the school.
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with school administrators and relevant community agencies to operationalize the partnership.
- Identify, develop and implement exciting and engaging programming that supports the collective vision of community schools.
- Develop and market programs that aim to increase educational opportunities and social connections for the students.
Other Job Duties:
- Understanding of high-needs communities and schools and knowledge of community organizing principles.
- Participate in strategic planning with school and community partners.
- Develop and enhance parent involvement in class activities and connecting them with resources when appropriate.
- Oversee that the program meets all licensing, contractual, quality management and outcome standards and requirements.
- Implement and manage the evaluation and reporting of data from each of the service areas.
- Represent the community school at pertinent meetings and functions.
- Direct contract management activities for program and develop plan for sustainability.
- Participate in fund-raising and grant writing activities.
- Participate in the quality improvement process and conduct program performance evaluations.
- Follow and enforce district policies and procedures.
- Develop procedures as related to community schools and partnerships.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or University with a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services/Social Services related field, Five (5) years’ experience in children’s services, education or community health.
- Community engagement, program development, and administration experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with a flexible, organized, and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and in a school under a dual reporting structure.
- Proficient skills working with software programs and data to inform practice.
- Strong organization and excellent written and communication skills is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Bilingual and/or multilingual preferred.
- Successful candidate will be required to possess a valid Florida Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Please email resume to Maria Ruiz at mruiz@UnitedWayBroward.org