Department: Community Impact,
Reports to: Sr. Administrative Coordinator
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
General Description: This position provides administrative support to Community Impact Vice Presidents. The incumbent in this position assists Community Impact Vice Presidents and Directors with general activities and ensures the smooth running of the overall office administration.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides overall day-to-day support to Community Impact Vice Presidents in their area of responsibilities including: general community impact work, and the Commission on Behavioral Health and Drug Prevention.
- Assures development and implementation of appropriate procedures for the effective and efficient filing/retrieval systems of documentation, to include files, manuals, proposals, etc.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of meetings, round tables and trainings.
- Organizes, manages, and coordinates notification; preparation of materials, logistics and transcribing minutes, as requested.
- Organizes all aspects of the Commission Board of Governors and the Broward Suicide Prevention Coalitions meetings, including but not limited to: meeting scheduling, logistics and printed/visual aids.
- Maintains quality and accuracy of all board related records including preparing and sending agendas, meeting notices and meeting materials. Record and transcribe meeting minutes.
Other Job Duties:
- Manages all customer situations, meet commitments, respond promptly to customer needs, and solicit feedback to continually reinforce and strengthen the organization’s brand.
- Understands the United Way concept, mission, purpose, philosophy and background to handle routine calls from public in an effective and diplomatic way.
- Develops and maintain good working relationships with staff, board members, major donors, volunteers, agency representatives, and guests of the Vice Presidents.
- Consistently demonstrates good telephone etiquette and courtesy
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet scheduled deadlines; adjusts personal schedule to assure completion of tasks, assignments, etc.
- Manages the Community Impact Vice Presidents assigned areas expense reports, invoice processing, purchase orders, and ensures completion of timesheet.
- Maintains up to date information for the Community Impact Vice Presidents assigned areas, including but not limited to program summaries, allocations/grants updates, and training schedules.
- Assures work is performed within established policies and procedures.
- Works only under general supervision; uses discretion and judgment in the performance of daily duties.
- Exhibits leadership and initiative in work habits and adhering to UWBC policies.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisors.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: Volunteer Staff
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with three plus years’ experience in an Administrative Assistant position role in a professional office environment preferred.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school and five years related experience.
- Typing skills, with a high degree of accuracy excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills; ability to proofread accurately. Excellent telephone presence and good organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of word processing equipment and computers with proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and other related computer programs as needed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Initiative, analytical ability, high interpersonal relations and the ability to effectively communicate.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Please email resume to human resources at HR@unitedwaybroward.org