19 COVID-19 Quarantine Boredom-Busters
WHAT TO DO WHILE YOU’RE AT HOME DURING THE PANDEMIC
With all kinds of large gatherings cancelled, no new sports games to watch on TV, schools closed and many people under self-quarantine during the global COVID-19 pandemic, what’s a person (or family) to do to stop the boredom? Here are 19 suggestions to help make your time at home interesting – and maybe even productive. (Of course, if you’re working remotely from home, be sure to do these activities after business hours!)
- Pull out the old board games and have a family tournament.
- Finally clean out those closets and drawers you’ve been meaning to get to.
- Create a handmade card or poem for the upcoming Mother’s Day and Father’s Day holidays.
- Start a journal to record your feelings about the pandemic for posterity.
- Give yourself permission to binge-watch those TV shows and movies.
- Put aside social media for a day and make calls to those friends and family members you haven’t spoken with in a while.
- Bake a cake or try out that complicated dinner recipe.
- Curl up with a great book.
- Download a meditation app and learn how to focus on your deep breathing.
- Treat yourself to an at-home spa day – manicure your nails, put a mask on your face, do that time-intensive, 10-step skin care routine that will make you feel gorgeous.
- Read all those magazines you have piled up on the coffee table.
- Watch a YouTube video and learn a new craft, like crochet or knitting.
- Stop the procrastination and fix that broken thingy in your house.
- Do all the laundry and enjoy the feeling of a job well-done.
- Sort through all your plastic storage containers to find matching tops and bottoms.
- Take a bubble bath, followed by a long nap.
- Go through your digital photos, select your favorite images and order some photo prints – or even a photo book – online.
- Help older parents and grandparents who are feeling isolated by reaching out to them via Facetime or Skype. You can even use the time to interview them and learn some interesting family history!
- Support United Way of Broward County’s COVID-19 Campaign, to provide food and emergency assistance to struggling individuals, families and seniors impacted by the pandemic. Click here to learn more and to donate.