Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Development Officer
Status: Temporary/Seasonal Non-Exempt
General Description: A Campaign Associate supports the planning, organizing, implementation and successful completion of all campaigns within an assigned group of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares campaign and corporate requests for assigned accounts.
- Accompanies assigned volunteers on calls to Employee Campaign Managers (ECMs) and CEOs.
- Assists staff with volunteer briefing sessions, providing briefings independently as requested, and conducting one-on-one briefing to volunteers who do not attend group sessions.
- Accompanies volunteers on calls to ECMs and CEOs and ensures requests for corporate funding and employee campaign commitments are clearly presented and secured.
- Keeps staff/volunteers apprised of account progress.
- Accesses volunteers for problem solving assistance.
- Thanks volunteers for campaign activities.
- Meets with ECMs to plan, organize and schedule employee campaign, maintaining continuous contact to provide support for leadership, providing guidance and direction
- Attend kickoff events as able.
- Secures account information for each assigned account and achieves a dollar goal of funds to be raised.
- Emphasizes the use of model employee campaign techniques and suggests improvements.
- Facilitates delivery of campaign materials and arranges for speakers, films, tours, etc.
- Presents UWBC’s message and mission at motivational employee group meetings.
- Ensures campaigns stay on track and ECMs report results according to prescribed timetable.
- Makes “cold calls” as required for initial contact of individuals/groups/organizations for campaign solicitation.
- Achieves dollar goal of funds to be raised and follows through to completion to bring the pledges in house for audit before departure from position.
- Maintains volunteer and account files.
- Writes all appropriate correspondence.
- Completes the required campaign tracking documents and evaluation forms.
- Secures account information for each assigned account, and maintains volunteer and account files, assuring information is up-to-date and files contain documentation of all conversations, contacts, and/or activities.
- Prepares accurate reports relating to campaign functions and maintains up-to-date database information to forward to the Administrative Assistant.
Sales, customer service or account management experience preferred, but not required. Success is measured in part by attainment of a dollar goal.
- The individual must be able to work a flexible schedule, have basic business knowledge, and be able to professionally represent oneself as well as represent United Way of Broward County in a positive manner.
- Will be required to drive to various accounts in Broward County.
- Skills in verbal communication required, including clear presentation of information and ability to influence others.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to use basic computer programs, such as Word and Excel.
- Be organized and able to follow through on multiple projects simultaneously.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: mruiz@UnitedWayBroward.org