Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Senior Development Officer
Status: Temporary/Seasonal Non-Exempt
General Description: The Campaign Associate supports the planning, organizing, implementation and successful completion of all campaigns within an assigned group of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with (Employee Campaign Managers) ECMs and campaign committees to plan, organize and schedule employee campaign, maintaining continuous contact to provide support for leadership, providing guidance and direction
- Attend kickoff events as able.
- Secures account information for each assigned account and achieves a dollar goal of funds to be raised.
- Emphasizes the use of model employee campaign techniques and suggests improvements.
- Facilitates delivery of campaign materials and arranges for speakers, films, tours, etc.
- Presents UWBC’s message and mission at motivational employee group meetings.
- Ensures campaigns stay on track and ECMs report results according to prescribed timetable.
- Makes “cold calls” as required for initial contact of individuals/groups/organizations for campaign solicitation.
- Achieves dollar goal of funds to be raised and follows through to completion to bring the pledges in house for audit before departure from position.
- Maintains volunteer and account files.
- Writes all appropriate correspondence.
- Completes the required campaign tracking documents and evaluation forms.
- Secures account information for each assigned account, and maintains volunteer and account files, assuring information is up-to-date and files contain documentation of all conversations, contacts, and/or activities.
- Prepares accurate reports relating to campaign functions and maintains up-to-date database information to forward to the Administrative Assistant.
- Make phone calls as needed to confirm/update data including campaign dates, thank donors, invite donors to upcoming events, etc
Experience and Requirements:
- Sales, customer service or account management experience preferred, but not required. Success is measured in part by attainment of a dollar goal.
- The individual must be able to work a flexible schedule, have basic business knowledge, and be able to professionally represent oneself as well as represent United Way of Broward County in a positive manner.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to follow through on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be willing to attend internal and external events outside of the work schedule.
- Will be required to drive to various accounts in Broward County MUST have reliable transportation.
- Skills in verbal communication required, including clear presentation of information and ability to influence others.
- Must be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to use basic computer programs, such as Word and Excel.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: hr@UnitedWayBroward.org