Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager, SSVF
Status: Exempt, Full Time - Grant Funded (subject to renewal)
General Description: The Case Management Supervisor will assist in the operational oversight of MISSION UNITED Case managers including recruiting, hiring, training, supervision of staff and interns. The Case Management Supervisor will ensure that Veteran services are delivered in accordance with current agency policies and procedures, contract requirements and federal, state, and local regulations. The Case Management Supervisor shall work with the Sr. Program Manager to ensure the provision of services that promote Veteran’s ability to engage and participate in appropriate service/community activities and enable the Veteran to develop the daily living skills needed for housing stability and independent functioning.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the overall supervision, training, and oversight for case management services.
- Demonstrate proficiency on analyzing data to review trends and be able to make course adjustments to service delivery to ensure Veterans are served in a holistic, individual approach.
- Assist in ensuring complete program records are generated and maintained in accordance with policies and procedures and contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Provide consultation regarding Veteran’s Individualized Program Plan from intake through discharge
- Conduct internal reviews of the Combined Arms and HMIS data to ensure that all information is entered in a timely manner and consistent with grant and organizational standards, as applicable.
- Provide on-going support/oversight to case management staff ensuring service delivery is in accordance with COA requirements, and are client centered and focused.
Other Job Duties:
- Responsible for recruitment, supervision, management, and implementation of the case management services and staff.
- Responsible for the monitoring and approval of payroll for case management staff.
- Establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with the UWBC/MISSION UNITED staff, as well as local and professional community agencies and resources.
- Ensures effective client and staff meetings are conducted in accordance with agency requirements.
- Conduct pre-service and in-service training for staff.
- Attend and participate in all work-related meetings and training as required or needed.
- Conduct and participate in internal audits to ensure that files are maintained and reflect quality work.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and provide ongoing and effective support to the case management program and client outcomes.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: Case Managers
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Public Administration, or bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in human service delivery and/or administration required.
- Work experience in direct case management is required. Clinical experience is a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and people skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required; HMIS experience highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance or have other means to enable travel locally and non-locally, including getting to work and going to other locations during the day for meetings, etc.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Please email resume to Human Resources at hr@UnitedWayBroward.org