Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director of Education Initiatives
General Description: This position is responsible for managing all aspects of United Way of Broward County’s (UWBC) Choose Peace/Stop Violence initiative including planning, coordination, development, contract management, implementation and overall leadership, vision and focus in Collaboration with the School Board of Broward County.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- The position has both a school and community wide focus. Expanding the public knowledge of the Choose Peace/Stop Violence initiative, develop and implement initiatives to reduce youth violence and its related consequences, and build critical cross sector relationships as a community liaison in the project’s overall effort to mobilize and empower young people across Broward County.
- Overall responsibility for the Choose Peace/Stop Violence annual budget; forecasting expenditures; analyzing variances, preparing required reports for grants and funders. As well as SAMIS billing for CSC contract and reimbursement administration.
- Responsible for the development, design and implementation of the Choose Peace/Stop Violence Curriculum and monthly activities and deployment of supplies to the schools in partnership with Broward County Schools – Diversity, Prevention and Intervention – DP.
- Coordinate activities and communications with appropriate organizations, i.e., Broward County schools, School Board of Broward County, local commissions, funders, councils, etc., as they relate to Choose Peace/Stop Violence Initiative.
Other Job Duties:
- Along with the Director of Education Initiatives, will develop strategies, plans and goals in alignment with the mission of the School Board of Broward County, United Way and Children’s Services Council.
- Oversee vendor relations related to Choose Peace/Stop Violence Initiative.
- Identify new opportunities through technical research to identify best practices and evidenced based programs to enhance the initiative in collaboration with Broward County Schools – Diversity, Prevention and Intervention – DPI.
- Responsible for all outreach activities set forth CSC & BCPS agreement ensuring student Community engagement. Development of annual work plan, educational brochures inclusive of managing social media and Choose Peace website as well as its CSC-21stCLCC School’s program.
- Using UWBC’s Marketing guidelines will lead and manage the day-to day Social Media including message development and ensure all information is in alignment with the initiative’s mission and usable for public communication. Track and measure digital activity results and social media trends to promote initiative and reporting purposes
- Overall responsibility for recruiting and tracking of Agents of Change Club program in schools. Implement and maintain its program administration systems, and progress tracking in alignment with initiative including students and facilitator training.
- Using UWBC’s Marketing guidelines and processes will design collateral materials and publications as well as distribution to schools and County Government Offices around awareness weeks and months.
- Plan, direct and attend school and community events as required around awareness weeks and months and other times as needed.
- Using UWBC’s Marketing guidelines and processes will prepare all internal and external communications, press releases, speaking points, campaign materials, and presentations flyers related to Choose Peace/Stop Violence.
- Coordinate activities and communications with Broward County Schools, community-based organizations, and other appropriate organizations, i.e., local municipalities, networks, councils, etc., as they relate to education and the mission of Choose Peace.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: N/A However, will have indirect oversight of staff related to the Choose Peace Stop Violence Initiative such as School Club facilitators in collaboration with Broward County Schools – Diversity, Prevention and Intervention – DPI.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Administration or the Social Sciences including minimum 3 years related experience in human services, education, public administration, or related field and experience in Community Relations, Communications, or Marketing
- Proficiency required in MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other related computer programs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Direct knowledge of youth programming in a school environment.
- Knowledge of program budget management preferred.
- Outgoing personality is a must.
- Direct experience with prevention and intervention services preferred.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: [email protected]