Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Community Impact Education Initiatives
Status: Exempt, Full Time (Grant Funded)
General Description: This position is responsible for the planning, coordination, development, system management, implementation and overall leadership, vision and focus of, Project EmPOWER Broward, United Way’s FPL Community Engagement Project in collaboration with Broward County’s Law Enforcement Agencies and the Crisis Intervention Team Taskforce.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Identifies, develops and leads engagement strategies to support FPL Community Engagement projects; including developing and executing annual work plan and deliverables and measures of success.
- Organization of volunteer community events to bring together Law Enforcement and Community Youth.
- Coordinate with youth subcontractors, youth volunteers for community activities.
- Responsible for the quality assurance process for the FPL initiative and its activities.
- Acts as a liaison between United Way, Law enforcement and Youth Serving organizations.
Other Job Duties:
- Responsible for the recruitment of volunteers to participate in community project and other activities
- Prepare all volunteer activities and training announcements, schedules, class materials.
- Work closely with the Broward Sheriff Officers and Police Departments across Broward County to ensure appropriate implementation of the project
- Conduct trainings and presentations on the initiative at community meetings and events
- Complete monthly report indicating progress and areas for growth
- Maintain accurate tracking system of all volunteers and youth attending volunteer activities.
- Prepare and submit reports as needed regarding FPL contract.
- Actively recruit and enroll law enforcement agencies and youth for volunteer and training events.
- Develop and conduct presentations for local and national events/conferences
- Due to the leadership role United Way’s called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
- Coordinate meeting to facilitate collaboration and project implementation with Miami-Dade and Palm Beach County
- Assist with the coordination of round tables and other Community Impact processes
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
Combination of education and experience normally represented by:
- Bachelor Degree and 3 years’ experience in Youth Services or related field.
- Experience in human services, providing trainings and coordinating community collaborations.
- Experience working with law enforcement and/or first responders preferred.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs required, and research related software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and facilitation experience required.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: hr@UnitedWayBroward.org