Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Status: Exempt, Full Time
General Description: The Data and Systems Analyst is a critical member of both cross- and inter-departmental teams at United Way of Broward County (UWBC) who engages in proactive problem-solving and critical thinking/analysis related to all impact areas and service populations. This position provides systems support for all data systems utilized by United Way of Broward County (UWBC), including but not limited to the Services and Activities Management Information System (SAMIS), The Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), The Performance Based Prevention System (PBPS), and Carisk/BBHC Portal.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Collaboratively develops quality assurance, performance review, program monitoring and reporting tools in specified program areas for the collection of system, strategy, program, and participant-level data, and for use in assessing provider contract and overall initiative performance.
- Regularly appraises program performance statistics and data analyses in all impact areas, at both the individual contract and cross-program levels, including analysis and synthesis of results and quarterly report summaries to the appropriate directors.
- Provides training and technical assistance to funded agencies, other UWBC staff, and community members to build capacity for continuous self-assessment (e.g., results-based accountability, data collection and reporting, interpretation and utilization of evaluation results, continuous quality improvement) in alignment with Council on Accreditation (COA) and Veteran Administration (VA) requirements.
- Supports comprehensive technical and administrative guidance of all systems for staff, service providers, and community stakeholders. This includes support related to both back and front-end administrative functions and application operating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing upgrades to ensure systems remain current as well as testing new application software to ensure it will function as designed.
Other Job Duties:
- Contributes to cross-organization coordination and communication by disseminating data-specific information and updates.
- Contributes to various reports and presentations that communicate results across all impact areas to a variety of audiences/stakeholder groups by summarizing data and findings through written reports and verbal presentations.
- Manage data sharing agreements with TIL System of Care and Broward County Public Schools to collect test scores/grade levels and referral information for evaluation, needs assessment, and strategic planning purposes.
- Conducts weekly, monthly, and quarterly data audits as needed to ensure data integrity and compliance.
- Ensures data accuracy, proofing information, correcting errors as needed to assure valid and accurate reports.
- Actively participates in team meetings and discussions related to program reviews, performance, monitoring, and planned courses of action.
- Conducts troubleshooting with management and staff as opportunities for improvement and/or as problems arise to promote consistency of system use and reporting.
- Respond accurately and timely to all data and system inquiries.
- As needed, participates on committees and groups that involve data projects, and in local, state, and national efforts.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of United Way of Broward County.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: Technology focused volunteers and students interns.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems, or related field required. Masters preferred. Certification in data analysis preferred. Experience in Human Services and/or Public Administration preferred.
- At least three (3) years of directly related experience in conducting system administration.
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills and content area knowledge and expertise related to core impact areas of the United Way and program evaluation/performance measurement.
- Solid proficiency in the use of all office software applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Proficiency in database and statistical programs, including SPSS, is a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge, skills and experience in development and management of large, complex datasets, including quality assurance, data cleaning and analysis, etc.
- Ability to gather and analyze available data/information and draw logical conclusions, and effectively communicate results verbally and in writing to audiences of various levels and backgrounds, including formal presentations as well as clearly written reports and documents.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: mruiz@UnitedWayBroward.org