Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Status: Exempt, Full Time
General Description: This position is responsible for the planning, coordination, development, contract/system management, implementation and overall leadership, vision and focus in the development of strategies and tactics for an integrated approach to United Way Broward County’s (UWBC's) housing initiative.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serves as a key UWBC resource for the community impact process, facilitating the development of shared community goals and a community agenda as it relates to housing and homelessness.
- Responsible for general allocations and contract management, including service/utilization management, outcomes management and quality assurance of funded partners under all United Way Broward housing grants.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the Housing Pillar and its relationship inside of Broward County’s Homeless Continuum of Care model.
- Monitor relevant community indicators to evaluate current community problems and programs to measure progress on key outcomes as well as working with community leaders to strengthen the community’s abilities to identify, address and fund priority issues.
- Manages the Community Impact process effectively, including analysis of subject matter and synthesis of information; develop competitive procurement processes, notices, agendas, manuals, drafting of materials to be considered, Request for Proposals (RFP); Request for Application (RFA), fact sheets, statistics, etc.
- Anything about management to add? See comment. Actively participates in hiring, orienting, developing and supervising direct staff under scope of responsibilities.
Other Job Duties:
- Responsible for execution and management (including monitoring/evaluation) of all contracts related to housing and homelessness.
- Coordinates activities and communications with appropriate organizations, i.e., state, county, local commissions, networks, councils, etc., as they relate to housing and homelessness.
- Actively helps create and monitor program outcomes of funded organizations on a continuous basis.
- Creates informational documents, gives presentations, and acts as the agency’s lead authority, both internally and externally, on housing and homelessness.
- Develops and Implements a Quality Management process to identify and address opportunities for improvement of operations among subcontracted providers and within the organization.
- Manages the progress and development of programs and services and maintains project records and documentation.
- Provides leadership to subcontracted partners to ensure a comprehensive, coordinated effort in delivering substance abuse prevention programs and services.
- Provides technical assistance in all aspects of subcontract management including invoicing, utilization management, performance reporting, compliance, and budgeting.
- Facilitates regular planning sessions and creates an information-sharing network among providers.
- Conducts regular individual meetings with all subcontracted partners
- Formulates, implements, and evaluates programs to assess outcomes and overall effectiveness, collecting qualitative/quantitative data on all programs, determining program implementation efficiency.
- Develops and maintains an adequate system for utilization management, invoicing, billing, subcontracting, and subcontract monitoring processes in accordance with all Local, State, and Federal regulations as well as UWBC Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate with Director, MISSION UNITED, to ensure continuity and comprehensiveness of services to veterans.
- Make presentations to business leaders, community leaders & internal staff
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: Program Manager, Program Officer, Outreach Specialist, and Housing Coordinator.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s Degree required and a minimum of 4 years of experience in progressively more responsible job-related positions in program administration and high level grant management.
- Experience in human services contract administration, contract management, community collaboration, program development and/or management, program evaluation, preferably in the housing and homelessness arena.
- Knowledge and experience in Broward County, the VA, and the local network of community based health and human services organizations serving low income homeless populations, or veteran families at risk of homelessness, is preferred.
- At least 4 years of progressive administrative and supervisory experience required.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs required, and research related software preferred.
- Strong fiscal/budgeting experience required.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Please email resume to Maria Ruiz at mruiz@UnitedWayBroward.org