Department: MISSION UNITED
Reports to: Sr. Director, MISSION UNITED
Status: Exempt, Full Time
General Description: Under general supervision, the incumbent will manage all elements of the MISSION UNITED Engagement Program, including but not limited to outreach activities designed to reach donors, veteran clients, community partners, and volunteers.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Assist in the synchronization of outreach and supportive services activities designed to enhance the positive perception and awareness of MISSION UNITED services
- Assist in the development and implementation of the MISSION UNITED strategic plans related to the MISSION UNITED Committees.
- Manage all engagement activities/projects in conjunction with MISSION UNITED committee leadership, maintains calendar of events to properly synchronize and coordinate all of MISSION UNITED outreach activities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with a broad and diverse network of community partners, community stakeholders, veterans, and veteran service organizations, further expanding the MISSION UNITED footprint.
- Provide oversight of identification and recruitment of student veterans who desire to be mentored; recruiting local veterans and others who would be interested in becoming mentors and ensuring they are appropriately matched.
Other Job Duties:
- Identify and engage volunteers, donors, and prospective donors in opportunities for MISSION UNITED participation and leadership
- • Staff liaison for MISSION UNITED’s engagement with all committees, including recruiting volunteers, leading volunteer training sessions, initiating annual strategic planning, developing engagement opportunities, coordinating with UWBC Marketing team, and overseeing execution of activities by committee membership.
- Develops and maintains a system to track the attendance and completion of mentor training as well as preparing and assembling mentor training materials; coordinates the match of mentors and mentees through meet and greets, social events, and follow up discussions
- Serves as a customer service role model to ensure a positive relationship in interactions with all clients, the community, and peers.
- Must be able to work evenings/weekends and maintain reliable transportation.
- Must be able to be at work on a consistent basis with regular attendance, punctuality and be willing and able to handle all the duties and responsibilities of this position on a daily basis.
- Takes responsibility for other assignments as they arise in MISSION UNITED activities.
- Performs duties as needed and/or requested to support development of MISSION UNITED.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibility of full time UW staff; however, it plays an essential role regarding committee volunteer oversight and VA sponsored work-study augmentation staff.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three (3) years of work experience in building professional relationships and networks
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
- Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent oral, written and presentation skills, be computer literate, and demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills.
- Experience in organizing outreach engagements, training, and public speaking
- Ability to communicate and work effectively, comfortably, and professionally with a diverse group of individuals including those with high net worth.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with veterans desired.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: hr@UnitedWayBroward.org