Choose Peace Week
About the Event
Choose Peace/Stop Violence announces its 12th Annual Choose Peace Week celebration, taking place September 20th-24th. Our 2021 theme is “Recovering and Working Together in Peace for a Better World.”
Since 2009, the initiative, which is a collaborative effort led by United Way of Broward County, the School Board of Broward County, Children’s Services Council of Broward County and the Law Enforcement Trust Fund, has worked with partners, communities and youth to address bullying and youth violence.
Below is a snapshot of the activities youth and community members will be participating in to spread messages of peace, kindness & gratitude:
- Peace Across Broward Day
- On Tuesday, September 21st, we encourage schools and community members to wear something white to encourage peace, tranquility, comfort, hope and unity.
- Invite your friends/colleagues to a friendly game of TicTacToe for Peace.
- Create chalk art that express message of inspiration and visions for a more peaceful community.
- Create a Kindness Card and leave it somewhere in your community to brighten up someone’s day.
- Peace Poster Contest
- Annual contest allowing young artists (grades 1-12) to express their vision of peace. This year’s theme is: recovering and working together in peace for a better world.
Our Choose Peace Week Activity Guide provides an array of activity ideas for all ages focused on promoting peace, unity and inclusion. Also included are the guidelines for this year’s Peace Poster Contest. We invite all youth in Broward County grades 1-12 to participate by expressing their vision of recovering & working together in peace for a better world through artwork.
To access the Choose Peace Week Activity Guide and receive supplies, schools/community organizations can register by clicking here.