General Description: The Housing Coordinator is responsible for convening housing providers and housing navigators. This position will also work closely with the Manager of Landlord Recruitment to build and maintain network of housing units.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide information on access and housing availability for homeless and non-homeless persons engaged with behavioral health services.
- Outreach to proactively engage case managers and other appropriate staff to understand the housing and homeless systems of care and ensure they have the resources to make the targeted referrals.
- Provide regular on-site technical assistance for housing navigation and referral, processing SOAR applications, and IPS support to community providers.
- Outreach to identify new and existing resources such as assistance with housing placement, transportation, furniture and household goods to maintain housing stabilization.
- Convene housing navigators working within the community to identify gaps and create a coordinated housing committee.
Other Job Duties
- Coordinate with other agencies and participants in the local housing community.
- Network with other agencies, coalitions, and participate in local community meetings as applicable.
- Understand and abide by United Way of Broward County’s Confidentiality Policy at all times.
- Knowledge of the affordable housing issues in Broward County.
- Demonstrate a commitment to treat providers, volunteers, and co-workers in a respectful manner and conduct excellent customer service.
- Gather client testimonials and build database of feedback.
- Meet annual training requirements.
- Complete special projects and presentations, as requested.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts. All employees must agree to work a flexible schedule.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with experience in housing related services.
- Experience serving the homeless and behavioral health population.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; organizational, conflict resolution and computer literacy in Microsoft Office Programs
- Partnering with supportive service providers
- Knowledge of Public Housing Authority (PHA) and CoC housing subsidies available within Broward County.
- Evaluate people who overlap multiple systems.
- Proficient in HMIS, Concordia or similar databases; able to enter data, secure information necessary to establish homeless history and assist with coordination in completing housing referral and placement.
- Familiar with SOAR and other housing-related best practices.
- Prior experience and understanding the causes of homelessness is desirable.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current community resources and have the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with providers and funders.
- Ability to function independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Possess a valid Florida State Driver’s License to be verified annually.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands:
- The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Please email resume to Maria Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org