Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VP, Human Resources
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
General Description: The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of general HR functions and providing administrative support to the Human Resources department. The position provides general support in admin functions, recruitment, onboarding, performance management and employee relations. The HR Coordinator will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Assists with onboarding activities including background and reference checking and other related tasks.
- Coordinates and schedules new hire orientation for new staff.
- Handles all payment requests for the department. This includes coordinating the monthly benefits reconciliation process, ensuring carrier and vendor invoices are accurate and summarized by employee and department levels.
- Works with Finance team members on any invoice and/or payroll discrepancies and questions.
- Assists in developing, recommending, interpreting and coordinating of personnel policies.
- Assists with coordination and sustainability of the agency accreditation (COA).
Other Job Duties:
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials, and uses judgment and tact in dealing with internal and external inquiries.
- Responds to a monitors unemployment claims and workers compensation claims
- Maintains department files, including preparing and filing documents for active and termed employees that include: personnel, benefits and payroll records.
- Supports the HR department in execution of projects and or ongoing initiatives, including but not limited to All Staff meetings, employee events, professional development opportunities and enrollment periods.
- Assists with various communications and reports, including announcing new hires, staff changes, payroll reminders and other organization announcements on behalf of department.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant federal, state and local employment and labor laws
- Monitors and update organizational charts along with Executive Admin
- Prepares reports and internal communications when applicable.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of projects and special employee-related events as needed
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
- Qualified candidates without a Bachelor's degree, may substitute a minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience to meet the educational requirement.
- Minimum 2 years of direct human resource experience at the Coordinator level.
- Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws along with practical application.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize work assignments, operate under time and work volume pressure, and work with detail and statistics.
- Ability to maintain security and confidentiality of information, documents and files.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with payroll & HRIS programs such as ADP, Paychex etc. preferred
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Please email resume to Maria Ruiz at hr@UnitedWayBroward.org