Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Sr. Director, MISSION UNITED
Status: Exempt, Full Time (Grant Funded)
General Description: The Career Services Manager will organizes activities and functions to ensure that goals and objectives specified are accomplished in accordance with established grant priorities, time limitations, funding limitations, or other specifications.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversees program day-to-day operations. Duties include ensuring program staff receive training on all program components, including eligibility requirements, intake/assessment, supportive services, employment trainings, placement and retention services, and community agency connections
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners, CareerSource Broward, Workforce Investment Boards (WIB), and Department of Labor VETS.
- Develop relationships with employers to aid in securing and maintaining employment for participants in HVRP and MISSION UNITED.
- Work cooperatively with funding partners and provide all reporting processes required monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Participate on required conference calls, webinars and/or training conferences. Attend all UWBC and HVRP required trainings.
- Work closely with UWBC finance department to ensure maximization of contract billing.
- Adhere to all Performance Measures mandated by UWBC and Department of Labor VETS.
Other Job Duties:
- Coordinates and implements on-going training and staff development activities.
- Track, report and coordinate all grant goals and quarterly critical performance measures.
- Conduct performance evaluations and grant monitoring.
- Meet regularly with supervisor to update on progress and performance of the HVRP program. Provide monthly and quarterly written reports.
- Recommend policies, procedures and alternatives that will result in meeting or exceeding program performance measures.
- Build and work with a diverse team using conflict resolution skills to demonstrate collaboration and a mutual-interest approach to problem solving.
- Mentor and coach employees to increase performance through training, assessing performance and advocating for development of opportunities, which result in skill gains.
- Jointly facilitates the recruitment and hiring process with Director to fill vacant positions. Supervise, evaluate and provide performance evaluations to HVRP staff. Approves all staff time sheets and creates schedules that ensure office coverage is provided Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Supervises: Career Specialists
Other Job Requirements:
- Driving throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties for UWBC business is required
- Must Pass FL background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Maintain vehicle liability insurance for personal vehicle
Education & Experience:
- Preferred four-year degree in business, human resources or related field
- Required at least three years of supervisory experience in workforce development, career services or human resources
- Experience in performance and operations management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office and relational databases
- Experience working with Veterans, individuals with disabilities and/or dislocated workers
- A professional appearance and sensitivity to others
- Ability to work with individuals of varying incomes, skill levels, experiences and cultures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to Human Resources