Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Manager, PR and Marketing
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
General Description: Responsible for the overall support to the marketing department’s initiatives with the planning, executing and tracking of marketing and communication pieces such as email, event, social media, online donation campaigns or content marketing.
- Assist with developing and managing blog content, video content and social media marketing
- Responsible for photographing and shooting video for all United Way of Broward County fundraising events, volunteer events and special programs to communicate to the community.
- Maintain United Way of Broward County’s website for content refreshes including: updating the events calendar, blog and interior pages to assist with search engine optimization.
- Will work on marketing materials (digital and print) and marketing opportunities to support promotion of United Way of Broward County initiatives
Other Job Duties:
- Content creation for social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Create and develops a marketing plan, timetable and performance expectations to meet established goals
- Monitor marketing efforts on our social media channels, website and email distributions, creates and prepares weekly/monthly metric reports, analyzes and interprets data
- Create and implement email marketing campaigns (concept, template creation, content, distribution)
- Proficient in digital/website platforms including, but not limited to; Hootsuite, Canva, ConstantContact, Trusted Partner or similar digital marketing software tools
- Takes responsibility for other assignments as they arise in the development of marketing activities
- Manage sensitive issues and crisis communications
- Assist the Manager of PR/Marketing and the VP of Marketing and Communications in execution of marketing program strategies with the Board of Directors, volunteer committees, United Way of Broward County divisions and outside organizations
- Coordinates planning and requests from other divisions that relate to special events, as appropriate
- Create/seek creative opportunities to extend United Way of Broward County’s message and mission to corporations in conjunction with the development staff
- Ensures effective and timely marketing and communications support to United Way of Broward County staff
- Ensures communication efforts adhere to budget and brand guidelines
- Assists in planning/implementing projects, seeing that they are brought to fruition within the allocated timeframe and budget
- Writes and edits copy for various applications (print, presentations, ads, social media content, talking points, etc.)
- Assures work is performed within established policies and procedures
- Works in a team environment and will have close inter-department relations with multi-department managers, developing, planning and implementing events to enhance United Way of Broward County’s image
- Attends United Way functions some which may be after hours
- Responsible for video production requests – event videos, social media interviews/videos, etc.
- Self-starter who is detailed oriented and has the ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting all deadlines
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, including two to three years’ experience in marketing, communications or advertising
- Experience with video and photography
- Superior writing skills
- Experience and knowledge of social media posting calendar software
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Ability to plan and manage own work flow, priorities and results accomplishment
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Please email resume to Maria Ruiz at hr@UnitedWayBroward.org