Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Community Impact, Education
Status: Exempt, Full Time
General Description: Contribute to the development and execution of United Way’s work in the Education area including community engagement, investment process management and grant monitoring and execution of special initiatives such as ReadingPals.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Contribute to the execution of a results-based, goal-driven contract management process, including service/utilization management, technical assistance, and outcomes management within United Way’s SAMIS system.
- Conduct monitoring visits, review and record data, prepare reports, and other submissions for assigned impact area.
- Plan and implement all meetings and trainings related to assigned impact area; to include organizing, managing, and coordinating notification; preparation of materials, logistics, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes, etc.
- Review and track Monthly/Yearly SAMIS invoicing and manage billing process for all providers under assigned impact area.
- Recruits volunteers for the ReadingPals program and ensure appropriate tracking.
Other Job Duties:
- Provide day to day technical support to funded providers on the Community Impact Data System.
- Manages the Community Impact Data management system.
- Organizes trainings and special events.
- Prepares and distributes minutes and all other materials related to Community Impact provider round table meetings.
- Help to manage billing process for all providers under Education initiatives.
- Review and track Month/Year invoicing for all providers under Health initiatives.
- Assembles and inputs data, and helps prepare ReadingPals reports.
- Ensures appropriate tracking of ReadingPals volunteers and their hours.
- Coordinates the screening process for potential volunteers (as applicable).
- Supports ReadingPals Manager in the planning, communicating, and implementation of formal and informal volunteer appreciation events.
- Provide the ReadingPals Manager with the program data to assist in the preparation of Quarterly reports and Year End Reports.
- Operates a variety of equipment including personal computers, copy/fax machines, and related equipment.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of United Way of Broward County
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree, master preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience in office/administrative support with an emphasis on education.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office products like: Outlook Word, Excel, and other related computer programs required; SAMIS experience highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Customer Service Skills required.
- Outgoing personality a must.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: hr@UnitedWayBroward.org