Job Title: Program Officer, Housing**
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: VP, Community Impact - Financial Stability
Status: Exempt, Full Time (**Grant Funded - subject to renewal)
General Description: This grant-funded position contributes to the development and execution of United Way of Broward County’s work in the Community Impact area of Financial Stability, specifically as it relates to Housing initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: community engagement, investment process management, grant monitoring and execution, and execution of special initiatives within assigned impact area.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Contribute to the execution of a results-based, goal-driven contract management process, including service/utilization management, technical assistance, and outcomes management within United Way’s SAMIS system.
- Conduct monitoring visits, review and record data, prepare reports, and other submissions for assigned impact area.
- Plan and implement all meetings and trainings related to assigned impact area; to include organizing, managing, and coordinating notification; preparation of materials, logistics, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes, etc.
- Review and track Monthly/Yearly SAMIS invoicing and manage billing process for all providers under assigned impact area.
- Provides light case management, including linkages to community resources to assist Broward residents in resolving housing challenges.
Other Job Duties:
- Coordinate and support the operations of the Community Impact Department with responsibilities including, but not limited to: database management, procurement process, report generation, and procedures management.
- Fulfill requests for data and reporting to ensure compliance with grants and funders.
- Provide day to day technical support to all funded providers under Housing allocations.
- Advocates on behalf of referred clients and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues, as needed.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of United Way of Broward County.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Public Administration, or related field required. Masters preferred.
- At least two years of experience in human service delivery and/or administration required. Experience in addressing community priorities regarding housing in Broward County preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office products like: Outlook Word, Excel, and other related computer programs required; SAMIS experience highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Outgoing personality a must.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: mruiz@UnitedWayBroward.org