Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Veteran Services
Status: Exempt, Full Time **SSVF Grant Funded (subject to renewal)
General Description: This grant-funded position contributes to the development and execution of United Way of Broward County’s work in the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Shallow Subsidies Program. The SSVF Shallow Subsidies Program Specialist works closely with MISSION UNITED, VA programs, as well as other service providers to coordinate services and ensure ongoing support of program participants as they work on income enhancement, finding permanent housing, and developing self-sufficiency. Under general supervision with Director, Veteran Services Program Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with Shallow Subsidy grant requirements.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Contribute to the execution of a results-based, goal-driven program implementation process, including, execution and management of rental leases and invoice management, utilization tracking.
- Manages and oversees tracking of Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA) in accordance with VA program data guide.
- Enter, review and record data, prepare reports, and other submissions for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Shallow Subsidy Program within the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) System.
- Conduct quality assurance monthly & quarterly file reviews & preparation for audits, as required.
Other Job Duties:
- Coordinate and support the operations of the SSVF Shallow Subsidy Program including, but not limited to maintaining database records and other resource information which captures all SSVF Shallow Subsidy activities and participants, report generation, and procedures management, etc.
- Assures development and implementation of appropriate procedures for the effective and efficient filing/retrieval systems of documentation, to include files, manuals, etc.
- Evaluates overall program success and recommends modifications as necessary
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on rental leasing and activities
- Assist with reviewing and tracking monthly/yearly SSVF Shallow Subsidy invoicing and utilization of temporary financial assistance (TFA).
- Fulfill requests for data and reporting to ensure compliance with grants and funders.
- Prepares and distributes minutes and all other materials related to SSVF Shallow Subsidy meetings, trainings, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials and uses judgment and tact in dealing with internal and external inquiries.
- Advocates on behalf of referred clients and families for services, basic needs, and other related issues, as needed.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of United Way of Broward County.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Public Administration, or related field required. Masters preferred.
- At least two years of experience in human service delivery and/or administration required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office products: Outlook Word, Excel, and other related computer programs required; SAMIS experience highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance or have other means to enable travel locally and non-locally, including getting to work and going to other locations during the day for meetings, etc.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Please email resume to human resources at hr@UnitedWayBroward.org