Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Veteran Services
Status: Exempt, Full Time (Grant Funded)
General Description: The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Veteran Services, and will serve as the liaison with the various Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) providers. The Program Manager organizes activities and functions to ensure that goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations, or other specifications.
Primary Job Responsibility & Duties:
- Responsible for day to day operations of SSVF Program, to include staff supervision and coordination of subcontracted partners to ensure that goals are being met in accordance with SSVF program guidelines.
- Reviews and approves all subcontractor Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA), Emergency Hotel Assistance (EHA), monthly invoices, and reports to ensure compliance with subcontract agreement and VA grant agreement.
- Responds to and develop solutions to client issues and needs as they arise.
- Supports the implementation of services by orienting staff to SSVF Program regulations and requirements, goals and objectives, operational and reporting procedures to facilitate adherence to contract parameters.
- Works alongside Director to facilitate staff/subcontractor development through group and individualized activities as related to the SSVF program.
Other Job Duties:
- Researches and advises the Director of needs, trends, and issues within program area and recommend activities and strategies to address them.
- Submits required programmatic paperwork, reports and assignments on a monthly and quarterly basis, as required.
- Provides basic SSVF program information for all incoming inquiries about the SSVF program, documents the nature of requests, and refer to appropriate staff.
- Conduct ‘in-service’ trainings, as needed, to develop and/or enhance program performance.
- Provide technical assistance to contracted providers to ensure alignment with program guidelines and requirements.
- Conduct monthly case staffings and performance assessment meetings.
- Evaluate monthly program performance and conduct data analysis.
- Maintain active collaboration with Broward County Continuum of Care (CoC) and the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) units to ensure identified homeless veterans are connected to services.
- Works in conjunction with outreach team and Director to increase community outreach efforts, conduct service presentations and attends outreach events.
- Serve as liaison to other community agencies, governmental entities and institutions to further the goals of SSVF Program.
- Creates required forms and tracking mechanisms to collect, aggregate, and evaluate data for policy and program development.
- Works with the Director during SSVF meetings to keep minutes and maintain attendance records to document compliance with SSVF contractual requirements.
- Maintains all records and documentation for all UWBC SSVF activities necessary for accountability.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Supervises: Housing Coordinator, Outreach Specialists
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Business required.
- Minimum of Three (3) Years of Experience in Human Services required.
- Administrative and supervisory experience working with staff and volunteers required.
- Experience with the VA and VA benefits.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs.
- Knowledge of evidence based practices, assessment process, service planning, outcome measurement and quality management is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Broward County, the VA, and the local network of community based health and human services organizations serving low income homeless populations, or veteran families at risk of homelessness is preferred.
- The candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships with providers and stakeholders throughout the county.
- This position requires the person to approach others in a tactful and professional manner, reacts well under pressure, follows through on commitments, accepts responsibility for own actions, and treats others with respect regardless of their status/position.
- Works independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and accept professional guidance and supervision.
- Demonstrates accurateness and thoroughness in work tasks and monitors own work to ensure high level of quality.
- Must be willing to consent to background screening as required by the State based on holding this position, and processes a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meeting and exceeding qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership, and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, seeking help when needed to manage priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication effectively in any team setting.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: mruiz@UnitedWayBroward.org