Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Case Manager Supervisor
Status: Full time, Exempt
General Description: Under general supervision, provides case management along with service and resource coordination in a human services environment, particularly with veterans and military families as well as those with low income and homelessness related conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs needs and comprehensive assessments focused on multiple life domains; develops and updates individualized service plans in partnership with clients and their families to address their needs and facilitate referral to appropriate treatment or service providers or facilities
- Facilitates/coordinates service, support, resource acquisition to assist client households in meeting their needs
- Conducts activities and monitors the service environment in a manner to maximize clients ability to achieve service plan goals, develop life skills, and/or sustain success and wellness
- Promotes resolution to client challenges, fostering client empowerment, self-sufficiency, and resilience
- Conduct comprehensive, client-centered social work activities, to include consistent case file documentation and management in accordance with best practices and Council on Accreditation (COA) accreditation standards
Other Job Duties
- Supports the triage and intake of clients into the appropriate level of intervention and care
- Advocates on behalf of clients and families for services, supports and other related resources that address their basic needs and well-being
- Conducts community and home visits (if needed) related to client needs
- Provides follow-up and monitors service delivery and care environments
- Stay abreast of community resources and procedures for referring clients to appropriate resources
- Facilitates case consultation for client situations
- Provides crisis prevention, intervention, and supportive counseling, as needed
- Tracks client status through resolution
- Composes or prepares correspondence, case notes, narrative and technical reports, notifications, and related documents using computer-based applications
- Collects, tracks and reports case data in systems utilized by United Way
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts
Supervises: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in social work, psychology, or other closely related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in social case work, counseling, eligibility determination, social service, or community resource referral or closely related work.
- Military experience strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
- Knowledge of general interviewing practices and/or techniques; knowledge of social work and counseling practices and techniques, including crisis prevention and intervention.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Email resume and cover letter for consideration to: hr@UnitedWayBroward.org