Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Community Partnership School Director
Status: Exempt, Full-Time (Grant-funded)
General Description: This position is responsible for designing, organizing, and tracking
expanded learning opportunities at Gulfstream Academy of Hallandale Beach K-8, a Community
Partnership School™. Expanded learning opportunities will engage primary and secondary
students in academic, social emotional, and extracurricular activities on campus before, during
(outside of designated core academic classroom learning), and after school.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and oversee the collaborative process in the Gulfstream Community Partnership School related to expanded learning and enrichment programs.
- Manage and expand on-site tutoring services in partnership with Broward County Public Schools’ current programming.
- Increase on site extracurricular programs and mentor services with attention to recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers to lead expanded learning options.
- Expand athletic opportunities for students and families at Gulfstream Academy K-8 through partnership with YMCA of South Florida, Police Athletic League of Hallandale Beach, and Broward County Public Schools.
- Engage partnership with Broward College to create internship opportunities that meet the expanded learning priorities of the community .
- Coordinate with current on-site partners to support meaningful academic, cultural, and recreational programming.
- Maintain accurate and complete student participation and engagement data.
- Manage contracting, financial reporting, and evaluation of expanded learning providers.
- Oversee facility management and provide leasing participants with the appropriate leadership.
- Organize family educational opportunities for the purposes of promoting student achievement, student attendance, and home-school partnerships.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as requested by supervisor.
- Schedule and prepare contingency plans to maintain continuous student engagement on the school calendar.
- Seek community support for an after care feeding/snack program.
- Reach out to parents and guardians to identify student needs and program eligibility.
- Serve as a core member of the Community Partnership School Operations Team.
- Build rapport with teachers, staff, parents and community members to be an advocate for students and community needs.
- Present the Community Partnership School™ model to multiple stakeholders, including students, parents, and community leaders.
- Follow and enforce district policies and procedures.
- Prepare written materials for the purposes of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Collaborate in fundraising and grant writing.
- As needed, work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
- Understands and respects the diversity of economic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds and situations.
- Actively participate in the COA accreditation process.
Supervises: No supervision duties
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in an Education, Human Services, or Social Services related field and one to two years of combined experience in community outreach OR graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in an Education, Human Services, or Social Services related field and three to four years of combined experience in community outreach. Five years of relevant experience may be supplemented for an accredited degree.
- Proficient skills working with computers and software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the school.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills (English required; Spanish highly desirable and preferred).
- Two (2) years of experience implementing or supervising a positive learning environment.
- Experience building community relationships.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with data to inform practice.
- Experience in contract management or grant reporting.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Environment & Physical Demands: The environment is climate controlled (i.e., heated and air-conditioned). Lighting is adequate through overhead lighting as well as windows and blinds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time, bending, lifting approximately 25 pounds, regular use of the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration.
Please email resume to Human Resources at hr@UnitedWayBroward.org