As a United Way of Broward County (UWBC) employee, you will be part of a dynamic team focused on creating lasting change to improve the lives of Broward County residents.
United Way of Broward County is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability and/or military status.
WHO WE ARE
For over 80 years, United Way of Broward County has united the community to tackle the most complex, critical challenges and create long-lasting positive change. United, we stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves, united we support those who are working hard and struggling and united we fight for the Health, Education and Financial Prosperity of EVERY person in our community.
Since its inception, our organization has focused on the needs of our residents by funding effective community programs. Making a difference has been made possible by our dedicated volunteers and our generous donors. We are –
- The Heart of Our Community
- Inspired to Help and Serve our Neighbors
- Daring and Innovative in Providing Effective Solutions
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Do you have a strong desire to help others in need? If you are self-motivated and compassionate, have a positive attitude and are determined to advocate for the rights and needs of vulnerable people in our community, we might be the right fit for you.
United Way of Broward County is the catalyst for change and convener of partnerships that unite hearts, minds and resources within our community.
Our values are the foundation of our culture, guiding all that we do with each other and the community we serve while fostering togetherness, collaboration and responsiveness.
Integrity: We are candid and consistent in our words and actions.
Inclusiveness: We honor and embrace the diversity of our backgrounds, talents and ideas.
Compassion: We care about each other, sharing a commitment to improve our community.
Inspiration: We instill in each other the hope and ability to change lives.
Creativity: We are authentic and innovative in developing ideas and solutions.
Responsibility: We are accountable to each other and conduct our work with transparency.
CORPORATE CULTURE: “ALL IN”
“All In” is based on a sense of shared purpose, communication and mutual respect. Every day United Way of Broward County’s diverse employees combine their individual skills and contributions to achieve collective success. All United Way of Broward County employees are expected to be respectful of the diversity that each individual brings to the workplace. This diversity helps our company accomplish great things for our customers, clients and the communities we serve. At United Way of Broward County, everyone pulls together to reach a common goal because individual and team accomplishments mean progress for all.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AS AN EMPLOYEE? OUR BENEFITS:
- Paid vacation/ 6-8 weeks*
- Ability to carry over two weeks of PTO to another fiscal year.
- Extended sick time: ability to accumulate paid sick time
- 9 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401(K) (with employer match contributions)
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounted rates for everyday items such as: fitness gear, gym memberships, home owners insurance, pet insurance, child care, hotels, travel, electronics, entertainment and theme parks and much more
- Employer provided benefits (FREE to employees*)
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) @ twice the Annual Salary
- Long-term disability insurance coverage
- Short-term disability insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy Services (white glove insurance challenge support)
- Secure Travel Assistance Program (worldwide travel assistance includes emergency medical assistance and services)
- Financial Wellness Coaching Program (coaching and educational events for maximum impact to employees)
*Amount of PTO may vary based on eligibility and years of service