Did You Know?
- In the State of Florida, Broward County has the second highest percentage of HIV/AIDS cases.
- Broward County has a rate of 26% of uninsured residents, which is 1% higher than the overall state (25%). 14% are under the age of 19.
- Broward County is ranked second in the state for the diagnoses of new Cancer cases with an average of more than 8,800 cases a year.
- Approximately 24% of Broward County youth (11-17) are considered either overweight or obese.
You Can Help
You Can Help people prevent disease and live a healthier life.
Making a difference for Families and Individuals
- Improving access to nutritious foods - low income children are provided a nutritious daily afternoon snack and receive education on the importance of choosing healthy foods.
- Increasing the number of individuals who are healthy - focusing on early detection programs and providing a supportive environment for those who are battling cancer.
- Increasing access to affordable and quality healthcare - reducing the cost to the public health system by funding programs offering preventative healthcare, medical treatment, case management, and supportive counseling to the uninsured and medically underserved.
- Increasing the number of individuals avoiding risky behaviors - investing in programs providing education, outreach, and prevention services to those who are at risk of becoming infected with HIV/AIDS and other transmittable diseases.
What Success Looks Like
Ensuring people have the opportunity to achieve optimal health
- Our community is healthier:
- Children have proper nutrition
- Decrease in risky behavior
- More opportunities for access to quality healthcare and preventative services.
Click Here to review Health Report