Did You Know?
- Broward County's high school graduation rate for the 2014-2015 school year was 76.5%.
- During the 2014-2015 school year, only 52% of Broward County students were reading at grade level by third grade.
- Over a working lifetime, high school dropouts earn $630,000 less than those who graduated high school.
- The poverty rate for dropouts is over twice as high as college graduates, and unemployment rates are generally 4% higher than the national average.
You Can Help
You Can Help children reach their full potential through a quality education. Your help provides at-risk youth with the tools and support they need to graduate and make healthy choices.
Making a Difference for Families and Individuals
- Child Care and Early Education Support - provides the opportunity for thousands of children to attend safe, high-quality child care, allowing their parents to work. In Broward County, on any given day, there are 5,000 children on a waitlist for subsidized child care.
- Broward Youth Coalition - empowers youth to advance social change in order to promote healthy drug-free communities through the Broward Youth Coalition. These young leaders influence positive social chnage activities focused on underage drinking and substance use/abuse.
- ReadingPals teams volunteers and mentors with young children struggling with reading skills. Focused on improving third grade reading scores, these volunteers each commit 25 hours to working with children in pre-kindergarten and first grade.
- Choose Peace/Stop Violence focuses on antibullying, and youth violence prevention. Schools operating the program reported:
- Fighting incidents were reduced by 48%
- An increase in empathy toward each other and by other students.
What Success Looks Like
Helping children and youth achieve their greatest potential through early learning and leadership programs
- Children enter school prepared for success because of a high quality early education.
- Students are prepared for the critical third grade reading year.
- Youth are equipped with the skills to make good and responsible decisions to avoid risky behaviors.
- Graduation rates for all Broward children rise to exceed national averages.
We are proud Partners In Education with all Broward County Schools. Click on the Partners In Education logo below to learn how your organization can be too.