21st Annual Joint Tax & Estate Planning Seminar
About the Event
United Way of Broward County, The Community Foundation of Broward and the Jewish Community Foundation of Broward joined forces 21 years ago to hold a Joint Tax and Estate Seminar for professional advisors in Broward County.
This year's Joint Tax Seminar will provide even greater benefits and builds on a tradition of cutting-edge presentations by nationally recognized speakers, superior educational experiences, and prime networking opportunities. Including an opportunity for attendees to enjoy a light lunch and talk to our featured guest speaker, Christopher R. Hoyt, JD, and some of our sponsors at a meet and mingle following the seminar.
Do not miss this opportunity to attend South Florida's premier Tax and Estate Planning event!
- A brief look at the rules and tax planning implications for distributions from retirement accounts.
- Proposed changes contained in the February 2022 proposed regulations.
- An examination of the legal rights that one spouse has in the other's retirement assets.
- A tax-efficient way to transfer IRA assets to charities through qualified charitable distributions ("QCDs").
- Testamentary transfers to charitable remainder trusts.
This seminar has been approved for 2 hours of continuing education credits for the following disciplines: The Florida Bar (CLE), CPE (Accountancy), Certified Financial Planners (CFP®) and ABA-CTFA.